We understand that feeling depressed can often be a lonely and unsympathetic issue to deal with. One of the reasons for this is partly because it can’t be physically seen.
Some of the possible symptoms of depression can be as follows:
- Feeling of emptiness or sadness
- Diminished interest for activities
- Significant weight loss or weight gain
- Feelings of restlessness or being slowed down
- Fatigue or loss of energy
- Inappropriate guilt
- Diminished ability to concentrate
Why use hypnotherapy for treating depression?
It is free from side-effects, non-intrusive and is the single most powerful psychotherapeutic tool for breaking the negative trance states of depression.
However, it can be used in conjunction with medication prescribed by GPs to promote a speedy recovery.
The goal of the treatment is not only to reduce or eliminate the symptoms, but also reduce or eliminate the risk of successive episodes.
An explanation of how and why the mind works in the depressive state will be given.