One of the country’s foremost hypnotherapy practitioners, Matthew Cahill, is celebrating the launch of his book which is the first of its kind as it charts the growing popularity of Solution Focused Hypnotherapy.
Plymouth based Matthew, 45, is the Principal of The Observatory Practice, based in The Crescent, where he has successfully trained hundreds of students on the acclaimed CPHT course (Clifton Practice Hypnotherapy Training).
Running a successful practice, combined with his love of learning and his dedication to teaching, led him to write ‘Solution Focused Hypnotherapy: A Practitioner’s Guide’ which is aimed at a wide audience – from practitioners to clients through to students.
“It’s taken ten years from conception through to publishing as it’s an area of rapidly changing research which means constantly updating research notes and methods. The book is a definitive account of Solution Focused Hypnotherapy and is fully referenced to reflect the latest thinking in this specialist field,” explains Matthew.
“There’s lots of books on hypnotherapy but none on Solution Focused Hypnotherapy and I wanted to correct the balance as there’s so many successful practitioners in this particular form of therapy.”
The book explains hypnosis and trance whilst also examining the neuroscience behind how the brain works. Crucially, it tells us how Solution Focused Hypnotherapy can be used to benefit the client and allow them to successfully change their behaviour by ‘strengthening’ the parts of the brain which are focused on goal achievements.
“It’s good to learn new skills and Solution Focused Hypnotherapy has tremendous practical implications as it can be used to great effect – not just on oneself but also for the benefit of other people.”
The book’s knowledge sets out how Solution Focused Hypnotherapy can help clients improve their work performance rates, reduce anxiety levels, feel more confident and allow for real enjoyment in life!
Matthew first discovered the positive impacts of Solution Focused Hypnotherapy in 2002 when he was looking at a career change from previous managerial roles. Having completed his training at an advanced level, he set up his first practice in Newton Ferrers, in 2004.
Since then, Matthew has helped thousands of clients with some people travelling from America and Europe. His popularity has led to students coming from Europe, Asia and America to attend his courses in Plymouth and, as such, gain knowledge and insight into hypnotherapy.
His approach has seen him gain accolades from across the industry and it’s allowed him to establish further successful training courses in London. His passion for the subject led him to create CORP (Clifton Outcome Research Programme) which is the first of its kind in the UK as it allows practitioners to confidentially record the outcomes of their work to show the success of their practice.
“Solution Focused Hypnotherapy is important as it combines the best approaches from all talking therapies and cements them into a discipline which has its basis solely in science and brain based research. The benefits for the client can be immense.”
- Solution Focused Hypnotherapy: A Practitioner’s Guide is produced by ForWords Publishing UK and is priced at £24.99.
- For additional information, interviews, photographs or filming opportunities, please contact Matthew Cahill on 07968 178020.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://matthewcahill.co.uk
- Alternatively, please contact: Alexis Bowater (Bowater Communications) on 07786 362454 or Duncan Little (Bowater Communications) on 07765 363746.
- Matthew Cahill is the Principal of The Observatory Practice in Plymouth. He is a Trustee of the Association for Solution Focused Hypnotherapy (AfSFH) and Chair of UKCHO (which is the confederation of all hypnotherapy organisations throughout the UK).
- Solution Focused Hypnotherapy can be beneficial in a number of key areas, from helping improve sleep through to reducing stress and anxiety, improving confidence and easing phobias. It can also be used to help in pain management and is an effective tool to assist with stopping smoking.